Share/Bookmark The Little Mouse, the Red, Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood After reading “The Little Mouse, the Red, Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear”, we made strawberry hats with handprint leaves and hole punched dots. Make an edible strawberry (a heart cookie with pink frosting, chocolate chips and spearmint […]
Share/BookmarkI Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie This is a storytelling apron that students can wear and feed the food pieces to the old lady. This apron can be purchased from Lakeshore Learning. Make a class book by doing an interactive writing sentence to illustrate each food the old lady ate. For […]
Share/BookmarkDownloads @ A to Z’s Shop Gingergread Adventures Balanced Literacy Unit Literacy Poems & Class Books A-B-CDE The Gingerbread Man is running from me. F-G-HIJ The Gingerbread Man is running away. K-L-MNO I said stop. He said NO! P-Q-RST Across the river’s where he wants to be. U-V-WXY I can’t catch him even if I […]
Share/BookmarkClifford ABC Chant A B CDE I can’t find Clifford. Where can he be? F G HIJ Maybe the dog catcher took him away. K L MNO I wonder where Clifford might go. P Q RST Isn’t there anyone who’ll help me? U V WXY I think I’ll sit down here and cry. Z Z […]
Share/Bookmark Make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom bottle.Put letter glitter and other confetti inside the bottle and fill with water. Put letter stickers on the outside of the bottle. Students get to pound the bottle during the Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom refrain while reading the story. This is an alternative bottle. This one has a […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Back to School in First Grade
- Back to School Freebie: Awards Necklaces
- Back to School in Kindergarten
- Who Took the Cookie? Name Recognition Balanced Literacy Unit
- Back to School in Second Grade
- What's in the Bag? Engagement Activity for ANY Lesson
- Apple and Bookworm FREE Story Book Cut and Paste Art Pattern
- Back to School Theme: Purposeful activities for Math Writing and Reading for Kindergarten
- School Picture Dictionary and Word Wall Cards
- Character Education Fun!
Join us at the teacher discussion forums!