Share/Bookmark Make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom bottle.Put letter glitter and other confetti inside the bottle and fill with water. Put letter stickers on the outside of the bottle. Students get to pound the bottle during the Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom refrain while reading the story. This is an alternative bottle. This one has a […]
Share/Bookmark The Kissing Hand Puzzle On the first day, read the book “The Kissing Hand” and stamp a handprint on a puzzle (purchased from a craft store or from http://www.compozapuzzle.com). Put a heart sticker in the center. Send home in a ziplock bag with the note shown below the puzzle. This makes a great first […]
Share/BookmarkWho Took the Cookie? Name Recognition Balanced Literacy Unit By KindergartenWorks Start your year off right by beginning with solving a mystery! Your students will be taken on a reading and writing adventure that will have them learning, problem solving and connecting to the well-loved classic story. Instant download from our downloads store This poem was […]
Share/Bookmark Literature for the First Week (or Two!) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten by Joseph Slate The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn Will I Have A Friend? by Miriam Cohen Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come by […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Back to School in First Grade
- Back to School Freebie: Awards Necklaces
- Back to School in Kindergarten
- Back to School in Second Grade
- What's in the Bag? Engagement Activity for ANY Lesson
- Apple and Bookworm FREE Story Book Cut and Paste Art Pattern
- Back to School Theme: Purposeful activities for Math Writing and Reading for Kindergarten
- School Picture Dictionary and Word Wall Cards
- Character Education Fun!
- My Rockin' Book About Character!
Join us at the teacher discussion forums!